Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sydney Harbour Tidal Pool

Yesterday we went to a tidal pool near where we are staying. We had to get there at high tide because it gets grungy at low tide. The pool is built in a bay and as the water comes in the harbour, it fills the pool up. The bottom of the pool is just the bottom of the bay, so it is sandy and at all different levels. We could see fish and sea weed underneath us as we swam. When I got out, I noticed a large flat fish and some harmless jellyfish too. Glad I didn`t see them when I was swimming!
The pool was virtually empty because people don`t usually come until November when it has warmed up. (Once again, the British resilience to the cold wins the day!)
I got a splinter and a very nice young male lifeguard pulled it out for me. Steve didn`t believe me when I said it was impossible to get it out myself!
The hat is coming very handy as you can see, Tim, Ali, Will and Dom!
Lots of Love
Lyn XXXXXX










1 comment:

hectorscottage said...

The hat looks great! I must remember that 'splinter'trick
alixx