Monday, March 9, 2009

St Bathans











This entry is mainly for Tim and Ali.
We all stayed here 20+ years ago and I wanted to go and visit it again. It`s still a lovely little place and, I found out later, of historical importance because they have discovered fossils of great significance here.
Pauline and John Bellamy, (whose house I am standing looking in), said we could stay here all those years ago which we did and we also stayed with them in Dunedin not long after their son Manu was born.
I talked to the landlord of the pub and he told me about the family.
Pauline still owns the house in St Bathans and she is quite a well known artist in NZ. John manages their art gallery in Otago Peninsular. Max, (Pauline`s eldest child) and Manu are also artists in their own right.
It brought back a lot of good memories and also made me feel old!
Anyway, hope you like the pictures.

No comments: